Sunday 30 August 2009

Time Away



As previously mentioned; I like those glossy HD video portraits of places. I had a little trip planned and whilst I really wanted to document the trip in video form, wasn't really sure how I would do it. What would I film? What order would I edit clips together, chronologically, day to night?

To get myself started I wrote a list of shots to capture, kind of like an egg hunt. The list was simple and lame, just something to get me collecting footage with a purpose and also a fall back plan. It included things like a dog, someone asleep, a vehicle, sun through trees, rain, dinner, stairs in a public space, etc.

People

I probably ended up collecting less than half the shots on my list but still found I had more than enough for this four minute video. As with a lot of the things I document, I like the way that however boring this video may be, it has added weight to the memory of this trip, much the same as a load of photos would have (I took a few photos too).

0 comments:

Post a Comment