Saturday 3 July 2010

Making t-shirts



When ever anyone says some cool catch-phrase people often perk up with "that would be good on a t-shirt". I'm just as guilty as anyone for laughing off such observations, t-shirt making is Shirley for t-shirt makers? Not so.

I found it need not be a laborious task slapping a few words on a t-shirt. At the very least a bit of text would do, and with a bit more effort most designs could be elaborated further with illustrations. If the t-shirt ends up looking crap, who cares? A t-shirt exists where no t-shirt previously existed, this alone could be reason enough to realise t-shirt ideas. In my opinion at least.

After discovering how easy it was to knock up a one off t-shirt I tried to make it a given that any nifty idea I came up with would be on a t-shirt and available to the world as soon as possible. It feels good to make stuff and seems silly to shrug off good ideas, however trivial.

With this in mind I have begun to reconsider other previously shelved projects that I perhaps considered insubstantial (what is one lonely poem after all?) irrelevant or insignificant.

How can any idea be insignificant?

0 comments:

Post a Comment